15 Mar Triage Taxes: Free Tax Return Preparation
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals. You might also consider training to become a VITA volunteer.
In addition to VITA, the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) program offers free tax help for all taxpayers, particularly those who are 60 years of age and older, specializing in questions about pensions and retirement-related issues unique to seniors.
Before going to a VITA or TCE site, check out the Services Provided and check out the What to Bring page to ensure you have all the required documents and information our volunteers will need to help you.
Similar Posts You May Like To Read:
- News You Need About Tax Time & More!
- Triage Taxes: How Health Coverage Affects Your Taxes
- Are You on a Medicare Cliff? Finding Out Can Save You Money.
- Filing Your Taxes? Get Health Insurance through Easy Enrollment.
- How Do I Take Withdrawals in Retirement? Methods 1 & 2.
- Tax Time is Coming
- Your Year End Tax Planning Starts Now!