22 Nov Insurance Coverage for COVID Tests
With the holidays around the corner, it is important to stay safe and healthy while gathering with our loved ones! Testing for COVID-19 before and after spending time with friends and family is a great way to engage in preventative care.
At-home tests are convenient, quick, and often covered under insurance plans!
If you have employer-sponsored insurance or a Marketplace plan, you are eligible to receive 8 free, over-the-counter COVID-19 tests each month.
If more than one family member is covered by your plan, you each qualify for 8 tests.
If you have Medicare, you are also eligible to receive 8 free, over-the-counter COVID-19 tests each month.
And, if you have Medicaid, you can check with your state Medicaid agency to learn specifics about how your Covid-19 tests will be covered.
In most cases, to get your free COVID-19 tests, you can:
- visit an in-network pharmacy or store and get the tests for free; or
- buy the tests yourself and submit a claim for reimbursement to your insurance plan. If you submit a claim for reimbursement, remember to save your receipt, because you will need to send that in along with your claim form.
Check with your insurance plan first, to make sure you are going to an in-network pharmacy and if they have a specific claim form for COVID tests.
About Triage Cancer
Triage Cancer is a national, nonprofit providing free education to people diagnosed with cancer, caregivers, and health care professionals on cancer-related legal and practical issues. Through events, materials, and resources, Triage Cancer is dedicated to helping people move beyond diagnosis.
We're glad you find this resource helpful! Please feel free to share it with your communities or to post a link on your organization's website. However, this content may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the express permission of Triage Cancer. Please email us at info@TriageCancer.org to request permission. © 2022 Triage Cancer
Similar Posts You May Like To Read:
- Does Medicaid Cover Clinical Trials?
- Free COBRA Premiums End Sept. 30 and your Health Insurance Options Moving Forward
- Signing up for Marketplace Health Insurance During COVID-19: An Important Update
- What is Included in Medicare’s Preventative Services
- News You Need: Free Health Insurance, New Medicare Benefit, Biomarker Testing Coverage, & State Updates
- Lost Your Job or Your Insurance Due to COVID-19? Why You Should Report Changes to the Marketplace
- Medicare Changes When Moving
- Moving and Medicaid: New State, New Rules