22 Oct What is Included in Medicare’s Preventative Services
As Medicare open enrollment began on October 15th, we wanted to share helpful health insurance resources, including our resources that specifically focus on Medicare.
If you have Medicare, you might be wondering what preventative services come with this coverage.
What are “preventative services?”
Preventive services include exams, shots, lab tests, screenings, counseling, and some health education. These services are designed to keep your health and wellness in check and make sure you’re equipped with the proper knowledge or services to prevent further illness.
Preventive services are covered under Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance), or under Part C if you have a Medicare Advantage Plan. In addition to preventive services, you can also get a yearly “Wellness” visit.
How can I get more information on specific preventative services?
Download this free booklet, “Your Guide to Medicare Preventative Services” from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
If you want more information online, you can register at MyMedicare.gov to create your own profile, see what services you’re eligible for, and print a personalized report.
For more online resources on Medicare and Medicaid, you can also download Triage Cancer’s free Quick Guide to Medicare, which explains the different ways to get Medicare coverage, and how to enroll.
For an overview of Medicare options, enrollment periods, and how to pick a plan, watch our webinar. You can also download Triage Cancer’s Quick Guide to Medigap or visit our Health Insurance Resources page.
Similar Posts You May Like To Read:
- Open Enrollment is Here for Medicare & the Marketplace!
- Cancer News You Need: What’s Happening at the National & State Level?
- Happy Birthday to Medicare & Medicaid!
- Insurance Coverage for COVID Tests
- Medicare Changes When Moving
- Medicare Open Enrollment is Here – How to Avoid Late Enrollment Penalties
- Losing Medicaid or Other Insurance? Beware of Short-term Health Plans
- Medicare open enrollment: still time to apply + new resources!