15 May Memorial Day Recipe: Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce
As Summer draws near, we thought this would be the perfect Memorial Day Recipe to celebrate with! Memorial Day Celebrations are often filled with delicious BBQ food and this Jalapeno Peach BBQ Sauce is a sweet and spicy twist on your traditional BBQ
sauce. Without the high fructose corn syrup or processed foods, this is a refreshing and healthier approach to your favorite BBQ sauce!
Drizzle this delicious BBQ sauce on top of Pulled Pork Sandwiches for a complete and tasty Memorial Day meal!
Jalapeño Peach BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
• 1 lb fresh peaches (about 2 medium)
• 3/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
• 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh jalapeño, minced
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup cider vinegar
• 1/4 cup bourbon
• 2 Tbsp honey
• 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1/4 tsp chili powder
• 1/2 tsp dry mustard
• 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1/4 tsp salt
1. Cut an X in bottom of each peach, and blanch in a medium saucepan of boiling water 10 seconds. Transfer peaches to a bowl of ice and cold water and cool. Peel peaches and coarsely chop.
2. Sauté onion, jalapeño, and a pinch of salt in oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Add peaches and remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until peaches are very tender, about 30 minutes.
4. Allow to cool slightly, then puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor to desired consistency.
Makes about 2 cups or 16 servings.
Thanks to the American Institute for Cancer Research and Sonja Goedkoop, MSPH, RD, for providing this recipe. Sonja is the lead registered dietitian at Zesty, Inc. and is passionate about helping others improve their health through diet and physical activity.
Similar Posts You May Like To Read:
- None Found