13 Oct Cancer-Related Legal Issues: Where You Live Matters
Where you live matters.
Depending on which state you live in, your state laws may provide additional protections and benefits for individuals diagnosed with cancer and caregivers.
Triage Cancer offers a Chart of State Laws to access location-specific information on topics like:
- Taking Time Off Work
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Medicaid Programs
- Accessing Medical Records
- Insurance Coverage of Clinical Trials
- Estate Planning
- Medical Marijuana
- Other cancer-related state laws
It is also important to realize that you may have access to protections and benefits at your county or city level. Triage Cancer has some county and city information on our Chart of State Laws.
Please note that the law changes frequently! Be sure to check back for the most up-to date information.
For more resources based on location, be sure to see Triage Cancer’s Resources by Location page.
You can also find information by topic on our Resources by Topic page.
Similar Posts You May Like To Read:
- Your Voice Matters! Triage Cancer Has New Cancer Advocacy Resources
- Paid Leave for Caregivers
- Cancer News You Need: New Laws on Biomarker Testing, Fertility Preservation, Oral Chemo, & Medicaid Expansion
- Triage Cancer’s New Resources
- New Details: Free Insurance, Housing Protections Ending, State News, & More
- News You Need: A National & State Update on Cancer-Related Legal Issues
- Free One-on-one Legal & Financial Help for the Cancer Community
- Triage Cancer Animated Video Series: Now Available in English, Spanish, & Tagalog