04 Mar Triage Cancer’s New Resources
Practical Guide to Cancer Rights and Legal & Financial Navigation Program
Navigating the legal and practical issues that may arise following a cancer diagnosis can be confusing. Triage Cancer is always developing new ways to provide information and educational resources to individuals diagnosed with cancer, caregivers, and health care professionals who treat them.
Practical Guide to Cancer Rights: Navigating Employment, Insurance, & Finances
Triage Cancer’s Practical Guide to Cancer Rights serves as an introduction to some of the cancer-related legal issues that most people have to deal with after a cancer diagnosis: employment, insurance, and finances. These topics are not always thought of as legal issues, but picking the right health insurance plan, effectively using health insurance, maintaining an income following a cancer diagnosis, and managing finances are all rooted in laws. An understanding of your rights can reduce stress and improve your quality of life.
The Practical Guide to Cancer Rights is useful for individuals diagnosed with cancer, caregivers, and health care professionals, and covers these topics:
- Your Rights at Work
- Individuals diagnosed with cancer and their caregivers learn legal and practical tools to continue working, take time off, return to work, or even retire
- Disability Insurance Options
- Following a cancer diagnosis, you may no longer be able to earn a living the way that you did before, and disability insurance may provide you with income
- Health Insurance Basics & Options
- Understanding health insurance basics can help you figure out your options and pick the best coverage for you
- Medical Records, Appeals, & Managing Medical Bills
- Practical tools for getting a copy of your medical records, appealing denials of coverage, and avoiding unnecessary medical expenses
The Practical Guide to Cancer Rights is free and available online for viewing or download.
Legal & Financial Navigation Program
Triage Cancer’s Legal & Financial Navigation Program goes hand in hand with our Practical Guide to Cancer Rights, serving individuals diagnosed with cancer, caregivers, and health care professionals. We provide answers to questions through free, one-on-one navigation of cancer-related legal and financial issues. Callers have the opportunity to receive in-depth guidance on topics such as health insurance options, employment rights, financial strategies, and estate planning. Our navigators connect individuals to practical tools and resources to take next steps and ultimately minimize the financial burden of a cancer diagnoses (i.e., financial toxicity).
Check out Triage Cancer’s resources and access our free Legal & Financial Navigation Program here.