16 Jan Checking in on the ACA
It’s January 16, 2014, and the Affordable Care Act is still here.
There have been lots of changes over the last few weeks, in a few different areas:
- Marketplaces pushed back the deadline to enroll in a Marketplace plan for coverage to December 23, in order for coverage to begin on January 1. And some states went even further!
- Marketplaces have pushed back payment deadlines (allowing people more time to pay their January premiums). For example, California’s Marketplace pushed back the payment deadline to yesterday. Some health plans are also deciding on their own to give people more time to pay.
So, check with your marketplace or your health plan for your own specific deadlines.
And just yesterday, the U.S Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) announced that people, who have health insurance coverage through the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP), can now keep their plan through March 31, 2014. These plans were originally supposed to end on December 31, 2014. However, HHS wanted to give people more time to find a new plan in the Marketplace. For more information, click here.
If you are on a PCIP plan and want to move to a Marketplace plan before your coverage ends on March 31, then you need to sign up for a Marketplace plan by March 15, in order for your new coverage to begin on April 1.
And . . . for those of you who want some light reading and desperately want to know what a “Risk Corridor” is or who a “Dual Eligible” might be, visit this Affordable Care Act dictionary!
Stay tuned for the latest on the ACA . . .
And, if you are interested in getting an overview of the ACA’s consumer protections and the new health insurance options available, sign up for our webinar on January 27th!
Similar Posts You May Like To Read:
- Need Insurance for 2018? Don’t Miss Out!
- Triage Health Insurance: New Options in 6 days!
- Latest updates on the ACA & Your Health Insurance Options
- Are High Risk Pools & Major Risk Insurances Plans Extinct?
- Need more time to enroll in health insurance?
- Signing up for Marketplace Health Insurance During COVID-19: An Important Update
- Only a few days left to buy health insurance!
- 4 More Days Left to Enroll!