Health Insurance State Laws:
No Surprises Act
This chart indicates whether the federal or state process is used by each state for disputes related to medical billing under the federal No Surprises Act. Note that some states used a mixed system where the system used depends on the type of complaint. Use the links in the chart to be directed to the complaint system chosen by your state for consumer complaints. Check back often, as this chart is updated frequently.
If you don't find what you're looking for, see our other Charts of Health Insurance State Laws:
- Health Insurance Options
- Navigating Health Insurance
- Breast & Cervical Cancer Screening & Treatment
- Colorectal Cancer Screening & Treatment
- Prostate Cancer Screening & Treatment
- Co-Pay Accumulator Programs
- Prior Authorizations
- Step Therapy
- Fertility Services
- Biomarker Testing
- Military Coverage of Cancer-Related Care
For more health insurance information, visit our Health Insurance Materials & Resources. If you are looking for information on Medicare or Medicaid, return to the main state laws page.