15 Dec Need more time to enroll in health insurance?
The deadline to enroll in a 2019 Marketplace health insurance plan is December 15!*
Do you find it difficult to make health insurance coverage choices? Watch our Animated Videos for a quick break down or check out our webinars for in-depth explanations!
Do one of these exceptions apply to you?
1. *Are you in a state with a different Marketplace enrollment deadline:
- California: October 15, 2018 – January 15, 2019
- Colorado: November 1, 2018 – January 15, 2019 (for all future years)
- C.: November 1, 2018 – January 31, 2019
- Massachusetts: November 1, 2018 – January 23, 2019
- Minnesota: November 1, 2018 – January 13, 2019
- New York: November 1, 2018 – January 31, 2019
- Rhode Island: November 1, 2018 – December 31, 2019
2. Having trouble getting signed up? Leave a message!
Saturday is the last day for open enrollment in a Marketplace plan; however, CMS is allowing customers who leave a message with the Marketplace Call Center before December 15thto enroll in plans after the deadline. Though agents will be working around the clock to help customers, those who call in may be required to leave a message with their contact information and an agent will return their call. Enrolling in plans on or after this deadline means coverage will begin on January 1, 2019.
3. Were you impacted by the 2018 Alaska Earthquake?
Certain Alaska countieswere negatively impacted after the earthquake that struck in late 2018, prompting FEMA to issue an Emergency Declaration, providing a Marketplace Special Enrollment Period (SEP) for consumers to sign up for a 2019 Marketplace plan. Residents have 60 days from the end of the FEMA-designated incident period to complete their 2019 enrollment and request a retroactive start date based on when they would have picked a plan if the earthquake had not happened. Residents looking to enroll in this special enrollment period can contact the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596 or TTY at 1-855-889-4325.
4. Do you know someone who is uninsured? They might be able to get FREE insurance!
A whopping 4.2 million Americans who are uninsured, could be eligible for a FREE Marketplace plan, according to a study from the Kaiser Family Foundation.
5. Other interesting notes about those without health insurance:
About 19% of people in Texas under the age of 65 are uninsured, which is the highest uninsured rate in the country. If Texas expanded its Medicaid program, approximately 1.2 million people who have access to health insurance. But even if Texas didn’t expand Medicaid 15% currently qualify for Medicaid or CHIP and another 17% qualify for a Marketplace plan with financial assistance. The problem lies in a lack of funds for outreach and enrollment assistance for those who don’t realize they are eligible for these programs.
Similar Posts You May Like To Read:
- Signing up for Marketplace Health Insurance During COVID-19: An Important Update
- Late-Breaking News: Managing Finances & Work During Covid-19
- Checking in on the ACA
- Need Insurance for 2018? Don’t Miss Out!
- Make the Most of Health Insurance Open Enrollment!
- What do you need to know about open enrollment?
- Filing Your Taxes? Get Health Insurance through Easy Enrollment.
- 4 More Days Left to Enroll!