11 Dec 4 More Days Left to Enroll!
Do you need health insurance for next year? The open enrollment period has begun and if you want your coverage to begin on January 1, 2015 you must sign-up by Monday, December 15, 2014.
Confused on how to get started? The links below have all of the information you need to be covered for 2015!
- Triage Cancer has created a Quick Guide to the ACA, available at: http://triagecancer.org/health-care-reform/
- The Marketplace can be confusing at first, here is a one-page guide to the important facts: https://www.healthcare.gov/quick-guide/
- In order to apply, you will need specific documents. Be sure to go over this checklist to make sure you have everything you need to apply: https://marketplace.cms.gov/outreach-and-education/marketplace-application-checklist.pdf
- If you would like to sit down with someone for one-on-one help, find local help by putting in your zip code here: https://localhelp.healthcare.gov/
- Curious if you qualify for help with the cost of your health care coverage? Take a look at the chart below, created by HealthCare.gov, to find out if you qualify for lower health coverage costs. https://www.healthcare.gov/lower-costs/
If you are not able to afford a plan in the Marketplace and do not qualify for Medicaid or CHIP there are community centers that provide primary care, baby shots, and more. Find a community center near you that provides these health services here: https://www.healthcare.gov/lower-costs/low-cost-community-care/
If you already have health insurance through the Marketplace, it is a good idea to review your current health care plan to make sure it still works for you. These five steps will walk you through how to review and make changes to your plan so that they will go into effect on January 1, 2015: https://marketplace.cms.gov/outreach-and-education/5-steps-to-staying-covered.pdf
Want to receive email and text reminders so you will never miss a deadline? Register here: https://www.healthcare.gov/subscribe/
For more information on the Affordable Care Act and this open enrollment period, listen to our webinar “Updates on the Affordable Care Act & Open Enrollment” by clicking here: http://triagecancer.org/webinars/
If you don’t need coverage starting January 1, 2015, then you have a little more time, as open enrollment will continue through February 15, 2015. After that date, the only way to be eligible for purchasing insurance in the Marketplace is if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period after a life event (e.g., losing a job, moving to a new state, etc.).
Similar Posts You May Like To Read:
- What do you need to know about open enrollment?
- Latest updates on the ACA & Your Health Insurance Options
- Make the Most of Health Insurance Open Enrollment!
- Open Enrollment is Here for Medicare & the Marketplace!
- Only a few days left to buy health insurance!
- Need more time to enroll in health insurance?
- Prescription Drug Coverage: Do You Understand Yours?
- Six Key Things You Need to Know During Open Enrollment