16 Mar What is CaringBridge?
CaringBridge is a trusted, 25-year-old nonprofit social network that helps people connect with family and friends during a health journey. It’s a free, personal, protected online platform with simple tools for patients and their family caregivers to share health updates, and for their community to offer support and encouragement.
Why would I need CaringBridge?
Confronting an illness is one of the most demanding, isolating things you can do. Family and friends are an amazing source of support, but constantly sharing updates with everyone of them is impractical and can be emotionally draining. CaringBridge is one simple step to update loved ones that replaces countless texts, emails, and phone calls.
“The prayers, the wishes for healing, the positive energy, the kindness of all the people who visited and posted on CaringBridge… it affected my survival and recovery.”
Bernie Goldblatt, whose story is part of the CaringBridge How We Heal Series
What could I do with my CaringBridge site?
- Through your free personal CaringBridge site or mobile app, you can update your community and ask for support in one place. A secure, all-in-one platform, CaringBridge offers health updates your way, at your comfort level, with a variety of privacy levels to choose from.
- Instead of many people asking you and your loved ones for updates, your community can check your CaringBridge site and offer words of encouragement so you can focus on healing.
- It’s also a place to ask for, and receive, the support you need. CaringBridge has important tools and partners that connect you to helpful resources. They include:
- GoFundMe – You can start a GoFundMe campaign from your CaringBridge site and easily ask your visitors for financial support.
- Planner – You can use the planner so your visitors can see and accept items from your personal task list to help you and your family. Visitors can walk the dog, give you a ride to a doctor’s appointment, stop by for a visit and much more.
- Meal Train – A wonderful way to ask your community to help with meal preparation and deliver meals to you. It takes the guesswork out of knowing what foods you like to eat, if you have any allergies or dietary restrictions.
“I know that I wouldn’t– and we wouldn’t– be here without what CaringBridge has brought to our family… when I would read the comments about in the hospital, there were certain ones where people shared just the right encouragement at just the right moment. Their support gave us what we needed to keep going. “
Natalie Bushaw, whose family story is part of the CaringBridge How We Heal Series
Who uses CaringBridge?
- A CaringBridge site can be started for any illness or injury and any age group.
- Every 12 minutes, a CaringBridge site is created for someone experiencing a health crisis.
- Each day nearly, 400,000 people use the private and ad-free platform to share health updates and rally around loved ones.
- Since 1997, almost 1 million CaringBridge websites have been created. Combined, those sites have reached 2.5 billion visits.
Don't go through your health journey alone.
You can stay connected to friends and family, plan and coordinate meals, and experience love from any distance.
All of this is ready for you when you start your personal CaringBridge site, which is completely free of charge, ad-free, private and secure. Don't spend another minute alone!
Similar Posts You May Like To Read:
- Take Action: Help Others Impacted by Cancer through Sharing Your Experience in an Online Survey
- Bright Spot Network: In Good Help
- 10 Reasons to Attend an IMF Educational Outreach Event
- AceCancer: How Does Digital Symptom Tracking Help Strengthen Your Disability Claim?
- The Gift of Music – Beyond the Concert
- A New Way to Support Cancer and Medical Research
- Children’s Brain Tumor Foundation – Together we are Stronger!
- Triage Cancer Joins the Metastatic Breast Cancer Alliance!