Colorado Resources

This page has information specific to this state, including contact information for federal and state agencies, and some key information about laws and consumer protections.

To find financial assistance resources, please visit CancerFinances.org.

Click here for information about laws specific to Colorado.



Federal Fair Employment Agency
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

Reasonable Accommodations
Job Accommodation Network

Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
U.S. Department of Labor
Wage & Hour Division

State Fair Employment Agency
Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies, Civil Rights Division
303.894.2997 or 800.886.7675

Vocational Rehabilitation
Colorado Office of Community Access & Independence, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation

More Employment Resources

Health Insurance

Colorado Health Insurance Marketplace (a.k.a Exchange)
Connect for Health

Health Insurance Consumer Assistance Program & External Appeals 
Department of Regulatory Agencies
303.894.7855 or 1.800.886.7675

Colorado Division of Insurance
303.894.7499; Toll free outside the Denver Metro Area, 800.930.3745

U.S. Department of Labor
Employee Benefits Security Administration

Colorado Division of Insurance
303.894.7499; Toll free outside the Denver Metro Area, 800.930.3745

Health Insurance Buy-in (HIBI) Program


More Health Insurance Resources

Medicaid Programs

Triage Cancer Guide to Medicaid Expansion

State Medicaid Program
Health First Colorado

State Medicaid Program for In-Home Care
Elderly, Blind and Disabled Medicaid Waiver

CDASS Program

State Children’s Health Insurance Program
Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+)

Find Health & Dental Coverage For Your Family

More Health Insurance Resources

Unemployment Resources

Unemployment Agency
Colorado Department of Labor and Employment

Agency: Colorado Department of Labor and Employment

File here or by phone: Denver Metro: 303-318-9000. Toll-Free: 1-800-388-5515. Click here to see the current weekly benefit amount and the maximum length of benefits. You must have earned at least $2,500 during the standard base period. A standard base period is the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters before the start date of your claim. Initial claims take up to six weeks to process. You must request your payment every two weeks even while waiting for the initial claim to be processed. Eligible claimants will be paid every two weeks. Claimants must register with their local workforce center within four weeks of the start of their claims in order to facilitate their job search. A list of workforce centers can be located here. The biweekly payments can be requested/recertified online or by phone: 303.813.2800 (Denver-metro area) 1.888.550.2800 (outside Denver-metro area). There is a comprehensive guidebook available.

Updates related to Colorado unemployment benefits and Covid-19

State Clinical Trials Law

The ACA requires that most, non-grandfathered, group health plans provide coverage for the routine costs when participating in clinical trials. Some states have more consumer protections. Click here for more information about clinical trials.

10-16- 104(20) Mandate Coverage Provisions

All individual and group health benefit plans shall provide coverage for routine patient care costs that a policy or certificate holder, or his or her dependent, receives during a clinical trial if (I) the covered person’s treating physician recommends participation in the clinical trial after determining that participation in the clinical trial has the potential to provide a therapeutic health benefit to the covered person; (II) The clinical trial or study is approved under the September 19, 2000, Medicare National Coverage decision regarding clinical trials, as amended; (III) The patient care is provided by a certified, registered, or licensed health care provider practicing within the scope of his or her practice and the facility and personnel providing the treatment have the experience and training to provide the treatment in a competent manner; (IV) Prior to participation in a clinical trial or study, the covered person has signed a statement of consent indicating that the covered person has been informed of the procedure to be undertaken, alternative methods of treatment, the general nature and extent of the risks associated with participation in the clinical trial or study, the coverage provided by an individual or group health benefit plan will be consistent with the coverage provided in the covered person’s health benefit plan, and all out-of- network rates will apply; and (V) The covered person suffers from a condition that is disabling, progressive, or life-threatening. (Current 1/2011)

More Information