29 Nov Veterans Can Now Refill Prescriptions Through the VA Health and Benefits App
Veterans can now use their VA Health and Benefits mobile application (“app”) to refill their prescriptions (Rx)!
What is the VA Health and Benefits mobile app?
The VA Health and Benefits mobile app is the official app provided by the VA. It allows Veterans to easily manage their VA health care and benefits services using their smartphones.
The app serves as a convenient and centralized platform for veterans to access various tools, resources, and information related to their health care and benefits.
The app allows veterans to perform a wide range of tasks and access important information from their iOS or Android smartphones. Some key features of the app include:
- Health Care Management: Veterans can view their VA health care appointments, medications, and lab results. They can also communicate with their VA health care team through secure messaging.
- Prescription Refills: The app provides a feature to request refills of VA-dispensed medications, view prescription history, and track the delivery status of refills.
- Secure Messaging: Veterans can send and receive secure messages to and from their VA health care team, ensuring efficient communication and addressing any health-related concerns.
- Benefits Information: The app provides access to information and resources about various VA benefits, including disability compensation, education and training, home loans, and more.
- VA Facility Locator: Veterans can find nearby VA facilities, such as hospitals, clinics, and Vet Centers, with location-based services and mapping.
The VA Health and Benefits mobile app aims to streamline and enhance the veteran's experience by providing a convenient and accessible platform to manage their health care and benefits needs. It is designed to offer personalized and on-demand services to support veterans in their journey toward better health and well-being.
The app provides clear instructions and prompts, making it easy to perform various tasks such as scheduling appointments, requesting prescription refills, and accessing benefits information.
What is the new Rx feature offered on the VA Health and Benefits mobile app?
The Rx refill feature allows Veterans to:
- Review their VA prescription history. This includes the current drugs that they are taking, as well as past drugs going back 180 days. Veterans can view detailed information about each prescription.
- Request refills for VA-provided medications
- Receive status updates for pending refills
- Track the delivery status of refills
Existing users of the VA Health and Benefits mobile app need to download the latest version of the app to use the Rx refill.
Haven’t downloaded the mobile app yet? Here’s how!
- From the Apple App Store or Google Play Store search “VA” and download the VA: Health and Benefits app
- You can also download the app by going to https://mobile.va.gov/app/rx-refill and selecting either iOS or Android download.
More Information and Resources
To learn more about the mobile app and its other features check out the VA Health and Benefits mobile app website.
For more information about health benefits for Veterans, visit our new resource hub for Veterans.
About Triage Cancer
Triage Cancer is a national, nonprofit providing free education to people diagnosed with cancer, caregivers, and health care professionals on cancer-related legal and practical issues. Through events, materials, and resources, Triage Cancer is dedicated to helping people move beyond diagnosis.
We're glad you find this resource helpful! Please feel free to share it with your communities or to post a link on your organization's website. However, this content may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the express permission of Triage Cancer. Please email us at info@TriageCancer.org to request permission. © 2023 Triage Cancer
Similar Posts You May Like To Read:
- Cancer News You Need: Accessing Health Care, Managing Medical Debt, & More
- Are You a Veteran? How the PACT Act May Help You.
- Make the Most of Your Health Insurance: Getting Pre-Authorizations
- How States Are Improving Access to Biomarker Testing
- Do You Have a Right to a Second Medical Opinion?
- Can Noncitizens Buy Health Insurance Marketplace Plans?
- Cancer Rights Guides for Seniors, Young Adults, and Caregivers
- Does Asking About Vaccination Status Break the Law?