Triage Cancer has developed a comprehensive, certificate program for oncology health care professionals and advocates on health and disability insurance and finances, to improve patient and caregiver access to valuable information about these legal and practical cancer survivorship issues.
About the Insurance & Finance Intensive
- An overview of the U.S. healthcare system
- Individual & employer-sponsored health insurance
- Medicare & Medicaid
- Tips on using health insurance & appeals
- Navigating disability insurance & appeals
- Managing finances & getting financial help
- Triage Cancer is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Nurses who meet the requirements will be awarded 6 contact hours.
- This continuing nursing education activity is approved by the Oncology Nursing Society, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s COA. (Program #0427 is approved for up to 6 contact hours).
- This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886731806-2015) for 6 continuing education contact hours.
- Most attendees will receive the American Cancer Society & Triage Cancer Certificate in Financial Navigation. (*Please note that passage of a post-test is required)